How does someone gain independence when they can’t exercise on their own?
NeuroGym FIT (Functional Independence Training) offers unique mobility training for those with neurologic injuries or conditions that have a serious impact on functional independence.
Our innovative and patented methods and equipment, proven through clinical trials, provide superior, safe, and enjoyable training.
Three Easy Steps to Start Improving Your Mobility and Independence Now!
- A Mobility Specialist prescribes a personal Mobility Training Plan and a Qualicare Care Manager develops a personal care plan for you to review and approve.
- Decide to purchase or rent the equipment.
- Customize your schedule for your Personal Mobility Training Program and start!
Founded in 2001, thousands of families have benefited from Qualicare’s compassionate and expert caregivers and nurses to improve quality of life, gain peace of mind, stay at home safely, and reduce hospital visits for themselves and their loved ones.
NeuroGym’s movementenabling equipment and techniques allow the recovering individual to develop and practice the movements they otherwise cannot perform alone.
Effectiveness of NeuroGym FIT’s techniques and equipment have been proven through clinical trials and studies. Examples:
- The Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy (Dec 2011) published a case study on some impressive results using the NeuroGym Sit-to-Stand (STS) Trainer. This case study from the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Cincinnati used the Sit-to-Stand Trainer to improve the sit-to-stand ability of stroke patients and illustrated, as well, the potential positive transfer to gait abilities. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22052132)
- The journal Aging Clinical and Experimental Research published a study about the positive effects in older adults of balance training with the NeuroGym Trainer. Seniors improved both stability and automaticity while stabilizing – key elements in falls prevention. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20009499)
Data from NeuroGym FIT trials in residential care showing increasing repetitions of sit to stand exercise (STS) and decreasing time to complete the 3x and 5x timed sit to stand test.
“Thank you to the staff, office and front line, at Qualicare for taking care of our needs and for your compassion towards our difficult situation. We appreciate and are extremely grateful for your commitment to making sure we have overnight care for Sara in order for us to get our rest. We feel we are in very good hands.”
“Thanks to Kelly, Andrea, and Eddie from Qualicare Ottawa for all the help you all provided for my mother and our family during the last few weeks of her life. We are all very grateful for the compassionate quality care received.”
“The fact that the girls arrived at my home knowing my medical problem, about the recent death of my husband, and generally what was expected of them made it so very easy for both myself and my daughter.”
“Just a little note to say that Holly did a WONDERFUL job at my SCI Ontario Peer Connections on Thursday evening. She is THE BEST! She is AMAZING at her job and is FANTASTIC with the clients. Everyone loves her! Thank you again for sending her to us.”
“We called Qualicare Ottawa to get in-home post-op support for my wife. Before their care started, Qualicare discussed our case with the hospital and the surgeon’s office on our behalf to make sure that we have the arrangements as best as possible. At discharge from the hospital, Qualicare’s nurse was present there to get post-op instructions. She and a caregiver attended to my wife at home afterwards. Their intense care was very helpful to my wife’s subsequent recovery. Their attention before and after the surgery had, indeed, brought peace of mind and comfort for us. I would freely recommend Qualicare to my friends and family.”