How To Make A Recommendation:
– Every month, a qualified affiliate can recommend candidates who would benefit from homecare or attendant care services but can’t afford it.
– Use the form on this page, provide the necessary details for your candidate. The candidate’s identity is not necessary unless he or she is selected; a pseudonym is sufficient.
– Qualicare reviews suggestions to ensure the candidates meet submission qualifications. Five submissions that best fit the qualifications become finalists.
– Qualicare submits the finalists to a Selection Panel comprising members from the health care community. The members of the Panel score the submissions. The candidate with the highest combined score will receive the recommended care. Qualicare has no say in the panelists’ scores.
– Qualicare notifies the appropriate Health Care Professional/Referral Source of the successful candidate and obtains personal details. Scoring details without identifying the submitting professional or the final client are available upon request.
– Qualicare’s Care Manager collaborates with the recommending professional affiliate to develop a Care Plan and a Caregiver Task list, determines a mutually agreeable care schedule with the client, and arranges for care.
Qualifications for Candidate Submissions
– Client lives in the Ottawa Region bordered by Kanata in the West, Barrhaven in the south, and Orleans in the East. Please call us if there is a question.
– Client agrees to receive care at home and will sign a non-chargeable Agreement of Service. If part of the services involves accompanying candidate for appointments or doing errands, then the PSW travel time and expenses will be deducted within the 25 hours of free service.
– Home environment is safe for Qualicare employees.
– Services are restricted to those normally performed by a Personal Support Worker (PSW).
– Client would benefit from services as described on our Qualicareottawa.com website but affordability is a problem.
– Care schedule is subject to Qualicare caregiver availability.
Candidate submissions are reviewed monthly by the 15th. Those received past the deadline will be reviewed the following month.
Final Candidate Selection will be chosen at the end of each month and the Referral Sources will be informed by return email without candidate name disclosure.
Please contact us or call us if you have any questions.
Qualicare GIVE-BACK Program
- Submissions after the 15th of the month will be considered for the following month
- Service delivery is contingent upon scheduling and caregiver availability.
- We respect privacy. The information supplied is confidential to Qualicare and the Evaluation Panel.
- Qualicare reserves the right to publish selection results except for information that affects personal privacy.
- Selection results are available to all participants upon request except for information that affects personal privacy.
“Just a little note to say that Holly did a WONDERFUL job at my SCI Ontario Peer Connections on Thursday evening. She is THE BEST! She is AMAZING at her job and is FANTASTIC with the clients. Everyone loves her! Thank you again for sending her to us.”
“Thank you to the staff, office and front line, at Qualicare for taking care of our needs and for your compassion towards our difficult situation. We appreciate and are extremely grateful for your commitment to making sure we have overnight care for Sara in order for us to get our rest. We feel we are in very good hands.”
“We called Qualicare Ottawa to get in-home post-op support for my wife. Before their care started, Qualicare discussed our case with the hospital and the surgeon’s office on our behalf to make sure that we have the arrangements as best as possible. At discharge from the hospital, Qualicare’s nurse was present there to get post-op instructions. She and a caregiver attended to my wife at home afterwards. Their intense care was very helpful to my wife’s subsequent recovery. Their attention before and after the surgery had, indeed, brought peace of mind and comfort for us. I would freely recommend Qualicare to my friends and family.”
“Thanks to Kelly, Andrea, and Eddie from Qualicare Ottawa for all the help you all provided for my mother and our family during the last few weeks of her life. We are all very grateful for the compassionate quality care received.”
“The fact that the girls arrived at my home knowing my medical problem, about the recent death of my husband, and generally what was expected of them made it so very easy for both myself and my daughter.”